Case Study - BLOOD DONATION SERVICE | MISSINGTYPE
CHALLENGE: "It's only noticed when it's missing!" The nationwide #MissingType campaign by the Red Cross Blood Donation Services aims to raise awareness of the need for blood donation in the population and to encourage active blood donation.
Since 15,000 blood donations are required every day in Germany and the demographic change makes it more and more difficult to acquire new donors, a solution to the problem must be found. A simple idea with a big impact emerges!
To represent the blood groups, over 400 companies, clubs and athletes do without the letters A, B, 0 in their names around World Blood Donor Day on June 14th, 2020, because "it's only noticed when it's missing".
Together with the blood donation services, we acquire well-known athletes, clubs, companies as well as associations and events from our network. The #MissingType campaign will be published on the social media channels of our partners with high reach. In addition, we produce a commercial ourselves, place it with the RTL Group and thus attract even more attention.
AN EXTRACT OF OUR PARTNERS
Jér_me ___teng, S_mi Khedir_, D_vid _l___, Juli_n _r_ndt, R_bin K_ch, R_ Leipzig, _V_, Eintr_cht Fr_nkfurt, Sch_lke _4, Pizz_ Hut, L_w_, m-net, Edel _ptics, FIL, Viersch_nzent_urnee, _berstd_rf 2_21, _nd much m_re.
- Social media (Instagram, Instagram Stories, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Campaign website (missingtype.de)
- Proven positive effect on the number of blood donations
- Almost 100 million social media contacts
- Press releases via the channels of the blood donation services
- Nationwide media coverage of the campaign (including Bild, Sport1, Sky Sport, Focus, Ran)
- Playout of the commercial on the TV channels of the RTL group